 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3002
3001  |  3003
Subject:
Dark Side Of The Moon Mosaic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mosaic
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 05:33:39 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This small mosaic is my LEGO version of the classic Dark Side Of The Moon album
cover by Pink Floyd.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=146678>

For you physics purists, I know the incoming white light and refracted light
aren’t really horizontal (due to the angles of incidence and deviation). I
thought building the white stripe at an angle with stepped bricks or plates
looked like a lightening bolt, so I took some artistic license.

I built this MOC several years ago, before purple bricks existed. When the first
purple bricks appeared in a set, I knew I had to get some. I believe it was a
Harry Potter set that came with just one 1 x 2 purple brick. I watched BrickLink
until a seller had the several dozen 1 x 2 bricks I needed. It turned out to be
an order from Denmark to the US, but I was able to complete the model. I would
have saved a small fortune if I’d waited until purple was more plentiful, but
that’s OK.