 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2972
  The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

(URL) Inspired by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York. Built from photographs, as I've never been to the real thing. (URL) PLMKWYT, Ria (URL) Brickshelf Gallery> (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

(...) Ria- Exceedingly well done! You have taken on a iconic structure that is very difficult to render in bricks and done a very beautiful job. I'd love to get that into an SCLTC layout! You've added more proof to the maxim that there's nothing (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

Ria, This is outstanding! I love the number of ways you've made curved shapes, especially (URL) this one> built of stacked plates. Btw, your other recent creations are great as well. That rhino is especially cute. "Gingivere" = Ria Anderson? I have (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

Simply amazing. How did you handle the helix? Is there any interior? I love how all your projects deal with "nonstandard" part connections to make curved shapes. Your animal folder is particularly inspiring and fun. Great work! Darrell (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

(...) Thanks! I'd love to see it in an SCLTC layout, too, but I doubt it would survive the trip... Ria (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

(...) Thank you! I debated about putting the rhino up, as I was hoping to get one of the new Viking horns first to use instead of the dual-horn I have now. And there's no need to apologize; up until this summer my name was Reed Anderson. (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

(...) The helix is just a 7-foot long wall of 1x2s wrapped around a technic frame. I couldn't do an interior because of all the supports and framework I had to build in; I considered building an interior just where there were windows, but never (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

This is fantastic, Ria. You've really captured the curvy-licious essence of my favorite building in the whole wide world. Your low-angle camera shots are particularly yummy. Oh, dear. Now I'm hungry. (...) Get thee! I could sit across the street (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)