 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2733
2732  |  2734
Subject:
Tonari No Totoro. (My Neighbor Totoro)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:10:52 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello!
I waited to post once I finally completed the MOC. Been working on probably my
last big grey MOC.

Presenting Totoro!

Background: This is a peice based upon the character from a Hayao Miazaki
animation from the 1988 Movie. There is a scene where the children are awaiting
the arrival of their father from the city bus, when a spirit of the forest
arrives to wait for his own transportation. (A Catbus)

Notes on the MOC:
It's about 3ft tall, about 20in in Diameter. It's completely hollow and
amazingly not supported by and internal framework. (Trust me, but I'm not
reopening this unless I drop it.)

The Umbrealla is all Technic work, thanks to some great tips from Wayne Hussey a
fellow SEALUGger.

Cheers!
T. Kubo