 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 251
  New MOC: Red Building

Nothing too earth-shattering here, but I did have some fun with the use of different textures (with some creative assistance from my son Ross). Check out the facade across the top-- all minifig legs:-) The uh, rear is even better-- looks like a moon (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) the different ways you added detailed textures. That use of mini-legs is truly inspired. Bruce (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) So what you are saying is "nice pants"? ;-) Thanks, Bruce. Yes, necessity truly is the mother of invention; I went to Bricklink and did a search for all of the available parts in dark red and went from there. I doubt that I would have come up (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) Very nice. I think the idea of using the legs is great, although I would have tried to make the cornice more prominent by having it protrude by 1/2 or a full stud and making it a different color. I like the window architecture, looks great (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) Didn't consider that (I'm kind of a suburb guy) Perhaps I'll have to put a box on the roof where falcons can live! >:-) (...) Sand red... I forgot that I've built a little apartment out of sand red and never took pics-- I should do that (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) Good Gravy, those buildinga are incredible. I would never have thought to use binoculars for window cornace. All the different parts used in the facades are as close to real in anything I've seen in Lego. "Mini-Fig Legs!!!" ROFL. Great Work, (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) lol Got to give credit where it is due-- that particular idea was my son's:-) All the different parts used in the facades are (...) Thanks! (...) Ahh, therein lies the rub. I *haven't* even started collecting yet. The idea came before the (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

Very nice. Very nice. I really like the innovative ways you use all those parts. Just wondering what parts you used for the window sills? It looks great! Jon h (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) Thank you, Jon. Each window uses 2 of these: (URL) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

Wow, that is so nice looking. I really enjoy seeing the Buildings you come up with. Excellent work, I look forward to more in the future. Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com BTW - Forgive me, do you have a web-site of your own where I can see more of (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) Thank you for saying so, Eric. BTW, I've told you in person before, but I'll say it again here-- I'm pretty much a train and town guy, but after seeing your work IRL at BricksWest, I was so inspired that I decided that one day I would *have* (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: New MOC: Red Building

(...) Right on. (...) Hey, I appreciate that. I am in the process of making instructions for the Little Bot Series. It may be a good place for you to start. The LB's have some simple and commonly used building techniques that may help you with a (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Round windows (was: New MOC: Red Building)

(...) noticed the shed and locomotive (wow!) but I can't figure out what is going in the "sheddetail1.jpg" image showing a round window. I've built round windows using those inverse half-arches, but these are all a lot bigger than the one you show. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Round windows (was: New MOC: Red Building)

(...) The easiest way is to use Technic pins inserted into bottoms of both arches, or the technic pin with stud. Peter (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Round windows (was: New MOC: Red Building)

I've built a window exactly as you describe. Pics at (URL) The inverse arch is held from sliding back into the building by protruding pieces behind it, but it can (and does) fall out the front. Roy (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.build.arch)