 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2448
  Minifig-scale China Clipper flying boat complete!

Good evening! I've just posted some photos of a minfig-scale, Really Big Flying Boat that I finished yesterday. To see the pics, go to (URL) been working on a variety of Golden Age flying boat MOC projects and this one is easily the largest I've (...) (19 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Minifig-scale China Clipper flying boat complete!

(...) Matso- That's one beautiful flying boat with the great bonus of interior detail. I would love to have it land on the beachfront of our current SCLTC layout! -Ted (19 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Minifig-scale China Clipper flying boat complete!

(...) (snip) (...) Hey, I got one of those - and it's transferable :-) (...) You did a good job with your color choices...it looks a little sportier! (...) Your son has a better attitude than some I have seen as of late ;-) (...) Well, I think you (...) (19 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Minifig-scale China Clipper flying boat complete!

(...) great and the interior is fine. (...) Well I dunno about that, but if I was building a flying boat, I would make the hull (below the load line) easily removable. That way you can display the whole plane in the air, but remove the hull for when (...) (19 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Minifig-scale China Clipper flying boat complete!

(...) Excellent work. I love the sculpting under the tail. (...) A very reasonable compromise, I think! (...) No ideas from me, but I'll be listening in for the answers too. Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Minifig-scale China Clipper flying boat complete!

Hi Matso That is a fantastic flying boat you have built. I clicked "up" to see your other models and like Ted says, your MOCs would look great at a show/large layout. I hope to see more of your Flying Boats in the future. Thanks. Chris (19 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Minifig-scale China Clipper flying boat complete!

(...) Thanks Joe. Those sponsons (the winglets along the bottom of the hull) were a big kludge...I didn't have enough corner slopes to do what I really wanted. Next time I'll use triangular plates on the ends! I'll try that dihedral idea also, (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.build)