 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2241
    "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Andrew Todd Amacher
    After nearly a month of trail and error, I've managed to build a decently sized mecha with the new clicking ball and socket elements from this summer's wave of Designer sets. Check out the "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha- (URL) At 10.75 inches (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

        Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Eric Sophie
     Whoooo hooo! I'm down with that. Its got your signiture style, fo sho! Nice! Cool hands, I like the proportions of the Mecha. Really nice colors too. Thanks! (URL) e (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Andrew Todd Amacher
     (...) Your kind words are much appreciated, Eric. And thanks again for going to the trouble of posting a preview shot on the main page here- I still have'nt figured out how to embed images into my posts. Later, Todd (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Travis Matheson
     (...) Wow, I too have been experimenting with those new joints, but have yet to build anything like this. I know it's a Mecha but this MOC screams BattleTech to me, I love it. Especially the inside-the-sholder Missiles. Awesome work. One question, (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

         Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Andrew Todd Amacher
     (...) Thanks Travis. Yeah, the torso is very BattleTech-ish. But the arms and legs draw inspiration from Macross and Gundam. (...) In a few places but it more older grays than not, except for the joints and parts of the gun and saber Later, Todd (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

        Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Paul Stein
     (...) Yeah those joint are nice, I replaced the knee, waist and shoulder joints in my gundam with them and now its even better. Nice work there, and that sword is pretty darn cool.I only wish they made those joints in more colors though.... (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

         Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Andrew Todd Amacher
     (...) I tried using one at the waist but the torso was too heavy to allow for it. Nice work there, and that sword is (...) Thanks Paul. I was very pleased with the saber- and I finally found a good use for trans-lime green rocket fin pieces and (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

        Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Mladen Pejic
     Excellent mecha Todd! I like the proportions and the overall clean design. That colour scheme is truly yours and it works well for this mecha. Nicely done. MOCs like this gives me the urge to build. :-) Keep up the good work Todd. (URL) Mladen (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Andrew Todd Amacher
     (...) Thanks, Mladen. BTW, I really looking foward to seeing your future mecha using the new joint elements. I think you could build one that's a little lighter than mine -not so top heavy. Later, Todd (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Kyle Vrieze
     (...) I know this was mainly a "big joint" showcase project, but I really like the hand design, specifically the part the fingers are mounted on. I can't remember ever seeing that before. Overall, it's a really interesting mix of Battletech and (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

         Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Andrew Todd Amacher
     (...) Thanks, Kyle. In the next day or so, I'll add pics that shed more light on the hand, foot, ankle, gun, and saber designs. (...) When I started the project, I was aiming for something along the lines of the less flashy, more practical military (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

        Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Edward Welsh
     Nice juggs, Todd! There's something solidly reassuring about the single brick widths you have running around and around your mecha. Very smooth. Keep it up! -Teddy (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

        Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Christopher Snead
   (...) Hey, that's a clean design. I like your use of the new joints; I wonder, though, how stable it is. I bought the Titan XP and built the main mecha; it is way too large for those joints, IMO. Your mecha is a little smaller, and not so bulky. I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

        Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha —Andrew Todd Amacher
   (...) It might be a bit more stable due to its smaller stature but probably not much. BTW, athough I have'nt bought the Titan XP, from looking at the pics that I've seen so far, it likely owes what stability it has to the built-in "limiters" behind (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)