 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2175
  4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

Well after seeing so many cool civilian space vehicles I couldn't resist of trying to build one myself. Inspired by those models I took the 4403 airblazers set and started building. I tried to build a slick model using some serious SNOT methods for (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) I'd say you succeeded! I'm always impressed when people build cool MOCs using only the parts from one set. --Bram (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Wow, that came out pretty awesome. I especially like the vertical engine. -Dan Rubin Chair of the Cyber-braintrust (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

Really nice Moc. The nose reminds me of my MG3k... If you're interested in feedback, I'd suggest that you remove the 1x3 bricks from the wings and move the black "guns" up in front of the 75 degree slopes to break the otherwise flat (unaerodynamic) (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Spotlighted, and well deserved. I love alt models made from official sets. It forces strong creative decisions to be made and you made them well. Are you someone who might turn this model into some building instructions for those of us who (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Thanks Bram, I'm doing my best. I just love to build MOCs with one set only! Definately more to come! Nathanael (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Thanks Dan! Although I thought I've seen this vertical engine somewhere before... Actually I think that thing inpsired me!! Nathanael (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Thanks for the feedback Niels! I've tried your suggestions, but to be honest I wasn't that happy with the new configurations. To answer your question: Yes there are 2 of these engines in this set. Ok. Actually it's not a first timer, but it (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Another 4403 MOC: swooshy helicopter

(...) Thanks Allan! I love to build alt models of official sets ;-) I've made many others including this 4403 alternate: (URL) It may look like the original helicopter, but it's definately not! It's a complete new design. All my older models - (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Well, nobody knows the model better than you... But you wouldn't have a picture of it? (I believe you're right about the wints, but I'd still like to see how the frontlights turned out) And you have to do a lot better (worse) than that to fool (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Hi Nathaneal, Just noticed this thread today or I would have posted sooner. I love your alternate model MOCs and this is another great one! Please keep building and sharing more. It's amazing how well you captured the "hover vehicle" style (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) That looks great. The curves blending into the side vents looks really nice, and I like the turbojet in the "hood". The short wings look sort of jagged, but that pretty much works. Also, I have to add that I think the Air Blazers color scheme (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Has been a while Paul! Thanks for your kind comment and that you've noticed the details. I'll do my best to keep up coming with some alternate models. I've recently bought the new designersets too so I'll see what I can do with those. Good (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) <snip> (...) Cool! I figured somebody must have tried it somewhere. That looks great. It must not be done as an alternate since the trailer seems to use pieces that aren't from those sets. It would be neat if somebody could do it while (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space)

  Re: 4403 MOC: Scarab hover vehicle

(...) Well Paul, After I have made some alternate models of the new designersets and put the other 4402 and 4404 alternate models in CAD I'll see if I can do something like this. I think your idea sounds cool! Ofcourse you should try it before I (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl)