 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2150
2149  |  2151
Subject:
New 8mm:1ft scale train (inc HP) MOC Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:15:35 GMT

I've posted some more 8mm:1ft scale train MOC Pictures to my Brickshelf.

Hogwarts Express (5 pics):
This is a proper Hall class engine, with 2 train and 2 technic motors and lights
in the firebox.  Notice HP and friends in the coach.  No pieces modified for
this one.

LMS Garratt 2-6-0+0-6-2T with rotating coal bunker:
Notice the micro motor in the cab for turning the bunker (pic 2).  Lots of
modified pieces for valve gear (pic 3)

Another pic of Class 35 Hymek "Bear":

PCA Cement wagons (3 pics):
These are sculpted from grey roof slopes, have pivoting wheels and an underside
view is included.

My first scenery experiment with Sand Green bricks:
This half cutting is quite plain, but is the correct scale distance from the
track.  It has helped me develop techniques for use in other more complex
scenery modules that I'm developing.  This one helped me gauge how difficult a
diagonal slope is to build, using lots of corner bricks.  I liked the fence.

Browse the whole trains folder:

PLMKWYT

Mark