 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2128
2127  |  2129
Subject:
MINIFIG Large Scale Figures!! All 4 of em'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:35:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello all,

This post was a LONG time coming, ever since I built the Pirate Captain in large
scale (after seeing LEGO attempt a regular fig), I had a dream to build MANY
more.  Add to that I've only recently become a member of LUGNET, despite being a
fan for MANY years.

The Captain was my first and underwent a huge makeover the past 3 years to
finally arrive at what you see now.

My goal on all my FIGS was to match LEGO in their small size counterparts.  I
tried to keep them as close as possible in every respect.  All while doing them
in a way that LEGO themselves perhaps would.

After the Pirate fig, I opted to go for Spiderman, this build was incredibly
difficult to work the webbing just right.  Making the webbing just right took
away from some of the solid aspect these figures have, as I couldn't cross the
plates between colors in some spots.  All in all a huge success for me.

As my plate supply began to grow smaller, I looked for a simpler style MINIFIG
to capture in large scale...Here came Luke, all in all despite a rather boring
color scheme, he came out quite nicely.  He couldn't take part in the group
shot, due to disassembly prior to moving recently.

Finally I need something different something instantly recognizable and
something using colors I haven't already tried...Hence Boba Fett..
Again I went for a replica of the MINIFIG, I didn't add detail to the pack or
legs as he SHOULD have.  I stayed true to the LEGO vision of the character.

The goal of this being to someday line a room up with these giant FIGS.  I'm
heading in the right direction!!

I would very much appreciate any feedback you may have about em'!!

After moderation...

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
Joel