 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 211
  engine 48/Ladder 56 Webster Ave, Bronx NY

Hello, The arrival of rust-dark orange-earth orange bricks have made way for a new fire station. This one inspired by the station on Webster Ave in the Bronx. A typical modern station in NYC. Colors match the actual one pretty closely, I made the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town) !

  Re: engine 48/Ladder 56 Webster Ave, Bronx NY

Jonathan... Those FDNY models are REALLY beautiful... excellent work! I think I'll point some of my FDNY friends to your Brickshelf pages... Might make them smile a little. :-) onedaycnn (Sid) (URL) Any get-togethers coming up soon? (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: engine 48/Ladder 56 Webster Ave, Bronx NY

(...) Thanks! I think I'll (...) I'd like that... (...) Erik & I have been getting togather about every other week for dinner. We are planning on tomorrow night. Let me know if you are interestd, or if there is a better night for you. Hope all is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: engine 48/Ladder 56 Webster Ave, Bronx NY

(...) Rocks. Why the diagonal entry? Prototype trucks have trouble with a right angle entry onto Manhattan streets? (turn radius and all that?) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: engine 48/Ladder 56 Webster Ave, Bronx NY

(...) Thanks very much. This particular station is in the Bronx on a very busy 2 way street (2 lanes each way plus parking both sides). I think it is on a odd shaped piece of land & that is the only reason for the angle. (I believe the whole (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town)