 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1947
  New sculptures: Santa Claus bust and Leprechaun

Santa Claus Bust Last Christmas I started work on a (URL) of Santa Claus>. I completed the head and hat, but didn't get any farther than that. Since the holiday came and went, I finished it off as a bust. Click the image for more pictures: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: New sculptures: Santa Claus bust and Leprechaun

Hey, great job! I especially like the leprechaun! The form is great example of the quality of building that can be accomplished with just basic brick. The only suggestion I might make is the red cheeks on Santa stand out a bit too much. If you had (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: New sculptures: Santa Claus bust and Leprechaun

(...) Thanks for the feedback! I agree about the red cheeks, but it looks worse without them, and Santa has to have rosy cheeks! I build most of my sculptures using only bricks from the 3033 tub (r.i.p.) so pink is not an option. You'll also notice (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)