 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1367
  New MOC: The Mantis

Hello all, This MOC is way overdue, but I was waiting on the inverse canopy from the new police helicopter set. Anyway, my latest MOC: (URL) The Mantis> (URL) Clickey!>> Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance. (2 URLs) (Bruce) (URL) LEGO @ (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: New MOC: The Mantis

(...) Mmm, limey. Not sure I like the openness of the wings tho - but if that's what you were going for. Also, nifty engine area with the greebling and the trans blue. (URL) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Mantis

"Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> wrote in message news:HJuAG2.D4z@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) what (...) trans (...) Actually, I like the open wings and the engine is probably the only thing that does bother me a little. Go figure. :) The (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: The Mantis

Those new parts rock! Hey I wonder if the canopy from the IR racer set with the green design print would look cool with the color of the ship? e (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: The Mantis

(...) That canopy you mention does go perfectly with those slopes - I made a fighter using just this combination of parts a few months ago. I'll post some pictures of it soon. Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Mantis

(...) Very cool Bruce. I love when builders take colour risks, and it's tuff to get riskier than lime. The pinching of the wings via the hinge is a wonderful touch...gives it a true organic feel. Quite like the engines as well...nice basic brick (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Mantis

(...) Very true. I didn't really expect the wing designs to turn into a spaceship, but i liked the look of them after messing around with extra lime parts. (...) Thank you. (...) You noticed. :) I'm not too big a fan of larger premade pieces, though (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Mantis

(...) Yeah I wanted them open like that. Gives it more of a frail, expendable feel. :) Also, nifty engine area with the greebling and the (...) Thanks. I redid the body of it a few months after initially making it. The original barely had an engine, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Mantis

(...) I'll have to get the set (or the canopy) first, but that looks like it might be a good idea. Though I still like the pieces you used for Chili's eyes far better. :D (2 URLs) (Bruce) (URL) LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage> (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)