 Space / 27267
Re: New MOC: The Mantis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:39:49 GMT

"Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
news:HJuAG2.D4z@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.announce.moc, Bruce Lowell wrote:
Hello all,¬
This MOC is way overdue, but I was waiting on the inverse canopy from • the
new police helicopter set. Anyway, my latest MOC:¬
<http://bruce.kus-numa.net/lego/space/mantis.html {The Mantis}>¬
<http://bruce.kus-numa.net/lego/space/mantis.html
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bwhp/space/mantis01thumb.gif • Clickey!>>¬
Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Mmm, limey.  Not sure I like the openness of the wings tho - but if that's • what
you were going for.  Also, nifty engine area with the greebling and the • trans
blue.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xcalabur/Misc/cm_sig.gif>>

Actually, I like the open wings and the engine is probably the only thing
that does bother me a little.  Go figure.  :)    The green and dark grey
looks really cool together.  It looks like a swamp ship or something.  Maybe
it could use a little brown added in even.  The curved pieces you used give
it a plant-like quality.  Personally, I think I'd like the engine better
without the trans blue elements, but that's just me.  The way you got them
in there certainly interesting.

-- Tom