 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 127
  LEGO Cover Art: NYU

Folks, I finally received the end product of a year long project. The upcoming bulletin for New York University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies features a cover design using our favorite plastic material. Details at this webpage: (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

Hey Eric, looks great! Seems like forever since you displayed the arch at one of the DixieLUG meetings. Glad to see it all finally came together. Congradulations, jt ---...--- James J. Trobaugh (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

(...) similar to one that I have been recently experimenting with. Great job! (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

Eric, I was re-reading the part on you site about the shipping of un-glued models. One trick I found that works well (mainly trains, but should work for other models as well) is to wrap the models in Saran <sp> Wrap or Kitchen Cling Wrap, whatever (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

(permit a personal nostalgia trip) This brings me back to my postdoc days, when I was living in an incredibly cheap NYU-subsidized apartment 1.5 blocks from the park. If you have excess minifigs, you could use them up by making the fountain, with a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

(...) 10.0 10.0 10.0 ... DaveG (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

(...) like that. Can you post a picture showing the supports so we can see how it was done? I'm tempted to call and ask for a copy, but I don't want to get on yet another mailing list... :-/ --Bill. (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

'Coup by Eric and Henry...' I don't think I actually have photos of the supports used to float the arch. They were basically simple extensions out the back of the arch. I knew roughly at what angle the camera would be shot, so I placed the supports (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

(...) There are worse mailing lists to be on. :-) My issue is more the guilt about having them send a relatively expensive printed piece at their expense. (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

(...) Sorry, Henry! *blush* (...) OK, thanks. --Bill. (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Cover Art: NYU

Here's a big scan of the front and back cover: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.build)