 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1086
    "Greenwich Village" MOC displayed at black-tie dinner —Sean Kenney
   All: In early April 2003, a public relations manager at The LEGO Company contacted me about loaning my work to the New York City Educational Alliance. They wanted to display my LEGO city at an event honoring Daniel Libeskind, the planner/architect (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.events) !!

        Re: "Greenwich Village" MOC displayed at black-tie dinner —Tim Courtney
     WOW! This is amazing - congrats, Sean! -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.events)

        Re: "Greenwich Village" MOC displayed at black-tie dinner —Benjamin Ellermann
     Very biased opinion from an architecture student - "Very cool! Awesome!!!" I think it is great that LEGO allowed a fan to go and set up a display like this. (Of course it also means that they do not have to spend time building a city) I know how it (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.events)

         Re: "Greenwich Village" MOC displayed at black-tie dinner —Sean Kenney
     (...) LOL. :) Well, it was really more that The LEGO Company wasn't going to build anything for the event at all, and through a series of connections, the Educational Alliance managed to see my stuff and wanted to have it there. Daniel Libeskind's (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.events)

        Re: "Greenwich Village" MOC displayed at black-tie dinner —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Hi Sean, Wonderful! Congrats! I am finding that there are many, many opportunities in this wonderful city we live in for these types of displays (I am working towards one myself). I am thrilled that you are discovering this as well. You know I (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.events)

        Re: "Greenwich Village" MOC displayed at black-tie dinner —Andrew Saada
     Sean, Congrats! This is really fantastic! That's so cool that you were honored in such a manner. I also like the touch of the NBA add--reminded me of seeing Patrick Ewing after exiting the Lincoln tunnel. I'm also curious as to your thoughts on the (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.events)

        Re: "Greenwich Village" MOC displayed at black-tie dinner —Eric Sophie
   Hey wow Sean that's great. What a great event to be a part of. Congrats. e www.biomechanicalbricks.com (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.events)