 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 93
  Brickshelf login problems

Some people have been having problems staying logged in to the Brickshelf gallery. Like most websites, the gallery uses cookies to keep you logged in. There have been problems in the past with proxy servers (expecially with cable modem ISP's), and (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce.brickshelf) !

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

(...) Who-hoo! Thanks for changing this Kevin! Now I can manage my Brickshelf account from behind a firewall! -mark (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

(...) YES!!! It finally works! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

I was hoping someone would get around to seeing what was the dealy-o. I had been having problems working from 2 computers. One that can log in and stay logged in has no USB so I can't download pics from my camera. My one at home has USB but won't (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Still having Brickshelf login problems

Nope, still doesn't work. What's going on? (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Still having Brickshelf login problems

Several things make it so you can only be logged into one computer at a time. first, the cookie becomes invalid after about an hour. Second, the cookie is replaced every 30 seconds while you are using the site (each time you hit the site it checks, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Still having Brickshelf login problems

So, how do I log in from home? I did the name and password thing. It gave me the Set Icon, Edit and all that but when I clicked Upload it went back to like I was logged out. I wasn't logged in at work when I tried at home last night. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

Hi Kevin, FYI: I'm still having the same problem as well. Exactly how Jim described it. "I did the name and password thing. It gave me the Set Icon, Edit and all that but when I clicked Upload it went back to like I was logged out." -JIM SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

It's still like this as of Jan 15, if anyone cares. There can't be just 2 people still having problems. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

When you click the upload link, it shows you the upload page where you select the file to upload right? KL (...) authentication. (...) undesirable. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

Nope, it goes back (as soon as I hit upload) to my main gallery page but without any logged-in functions. If I refresh, it still has me logged out. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

Hi Kevin, I have the same problem after I login it shows my my gallery but in the upper right hand corner I only see Sign in and there's *NO* Upload link. could it be that I logged into my account at school and the cookie is stored on that computer? (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

I too, for what it's worth, am having this same problem as Jim described. Been since, mmmm, late December. IE won't keep me signed in. Only happens with Brickshelf. -John Rudy (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf login problems

Same here. I can't upload pictures from my computer, but can upload from my sister's computer. I logged out from her computer but it still won't allow me to upload from my computer. Scott Member 718 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish)