 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 90
    Gallery Recent performance —Kevin Loch
   I finally rewrote the recent function in the gallery. The page now comes up at least 1000% faster. It should be most noticable on a fast (cable,dsl) connection. If anyone is interested in what I did, FUT l.o-t.geek KL (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.announce.brickshelf)

        Re: Gallery Recent performance —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) What I'm really curious about is the technology behind Brickshelf. We know that LUGNET is based on an NNTP core running on BSD with lots of custom wrappers written by Todd in various scripting languages (mostly perl, awk, and ksh I believe) to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)