 Announcements / 656
655  |  657
Subject:
LEGO contest with prizes! X-COM/Space related.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:30:16 GMT

Hello LEGO enthusiasts,

(This release has been sent to both the X-COM and LEGO communities, so it might
be a little OT for each group)

Have you ever played a game called X-COM: UFO Defense for the PC?  Do you still
enjoy LEGOs?  Then I have a contest for YOU!

XCOMMIE, a site run by me, is having a contest centered around the X-COM games
by Microprose.  This contest will center around all X-COM games, so anything
related to any of the games is a fair entry.

To see some examples, go to:
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/dsl1999a/lego.html

------------------------------------

There are a few rules:

1. Contest runs June 23rd, 2000 through August 1, 2000.  Send entries to:
vesuvius_xcom@yahoo.com.  Please include your real name, your City, State and
Country, and a short or long description of the entry.

2. You may actually build the model, or build it in a CAD program.  But if you
build it in a CAD program, you must also build it in real life and submit that
also (it does not have to be the same colors, just so I know the model can be
built).

3. The model will be judged based on the following criteria:

* Authenticity: (10 pts.) Does the model look like something from one of the
games?

* Detail/Style: (10 pts.) Does the model have any unique features?  Does it
flow well? Is it aesthetically pleasing?

* Presentation: (5 pts.) Can you see the model well? Does the photography show
off the detail and style well?

* Ingenuity: (5 pts.) Is the model just really cool? :)

    Total: 30 pts.

4. Categories:  There will be 3 categories:

* Vehicles: This can be anything from the games. Anything that is not an alien
or a biped. (Small prize)

* Troops: Any alien or human.  Size does not matter. Customize a minifig, or
build a larger sculpture. (Small prize)

* Scenes: Build a scene from one of the games.  A cityscape, a mission, a base
raid. (Medium prize).

* Overall: There will be one Grand Prize awarded for the best entry. You can
not win both another category and this prize. If you win this prize, the second
best entry in your category will win. (Large Prize).

5. Number of entries.  There must be at least two submissions in each category
for the category to be eligible for a prize (that's a minimum of 6
submissions).

-----------------------

Prizes:

There will be some great prizes.  Some are undetermined, but there will be a
total of 4. There may be more if there are a lot of entries.

Medium prize: A one of a kind, original oil painting of a Muton.  This painting
is featured in the "Pic of the Week" archive on XCOMMIE.

Small prize: A CD-ROM of classic computer games, including the full version of

Small prize: A customized minifig keychain.

Large Prize: Undetermined

Any questions, please contact me: vesuvius_xcom@yahoo.com
XCOMMIE: http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/dsl1999a/xcommain.html

Good luck!