 Announcements / 3893
3892  |  3894
Subject:
James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2008 awarded to Philippe (Philo) Hurbain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:43:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The SteerCo is pleased to announce that the James Jessiman
Memorial Award (JJMA) for 2008 will be awarded to Philippe
(Philo) Hurbain.

As a prolific contributor to the LDraw Parts Library, Philo
has contributed not only numerous parts but has also given
his many software tools to aid in the creation of parts to
the LDraw community. His dedication to reviewing parts has
further facilitated the addition and improvement of many
other parts to the library. In particular it is fair to say
that, without Philo’s work, building modern Technic and
NXT models in LDraw would be a significantly poorer
experience. Overall Philo has, perhaps more than any other
single person, made the parts library which forms the
foundations of the LDraw experience into a better resource
through his invaluable contributions of parts, tools and
reviewing.

More information on the JJMA can be found at:
http://www.ldraw.org/Article222.html

Michael Heidemann
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee