 Announcements / 3666
  Serious E-mail issue resolved

@ll, I am very sorry that apparently a serious issue with LUGNET's e-mail service went unnoticed for a couple of days. This resulted in a backlog of some 16,000 messages that went unprocessed plus several thousand e-mails that were not sent out. The (...) (17 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Serious E-mail issue resolved

Since I think you may all want an update on this: While the mail server is actually done with working through the large backlog of incoming and outgoing mails, there are now some 15,000 mails waiting to be checked for spam and then processed by the (...) (17 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Serious E-mail issue resolved

Hi again, this is to inform you that the mail system status is back to normal, remaining backlog being at approx. 100-120 messages which is the normal level we get with all the incoming spam. I have changed spam handling to the point that spam is (...) (17 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)