 Announcements / 3598
3597  |  3599
Subject:
NCLUG Harry Potter Goblet of Fire Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 05:15:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings,

This post is long overdue, my bad. Our group NCLUG was contacted by a local movie theatre to provide a display to accompany the release of Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire.

We built a 192 stud square display that stayed up for about 2 months at the theatre. The display included the first task, with mountains and dragons built by Joe Meno, the maze of the third task built by Carin Procter (with sphinx by Joe), the graveyard duel built by Oliver P., and Hogwarts castle and grounds built by me. Sabrina G. built the entry to the maze and a goblet of fire with our NCLUG logo (sadly there’s no good picture of that, it was awesome), and Mike Walsh & Cary Clark provided the display tables, plexiglass, and lots of spare parts. Everyone contributed to the set up and foliating the display. The photos are mine and Joe’s (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=154584). Some of the pics could be better (please be forgiving), but the lighting conditions in the theatre lobby were bad and it’s tough to shoot through plexiglass....

The display seemed to be pretty well received and took very little damage considering the length of time it was up. We also had a drawing and gave away the GOF Harry Potter sets.

Thanks to all who participated, and I hope you enjoy seeing the photos.

Cheers,

Cyndi