 Announcements / 3396 (-20)
  New Contest: Work that Squid!

Hello all, I wanted to announce the first Reasonably Clever contest of 2007 - Work that Squid! (URL) Full contest details at the link above, but here's the gist: Take the recent Bionicle "Squid Ammo" and build something with it. The catch? The squid (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !

  French Toy Fair 2007 : pictures !

Hi, FreeLUG members were to the french Toy Fair. We wrote an article (in french) on our website (URL) Among the new sets, we can spotlight : the new electrical system with IR remote control, for the Technic bulldozer and the Creator Dino. The (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.year.2007, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

Hi folks, the LDraw.org Administration Team would like to introduce a new contest. It will be called: POTM – Part Of The Month It is no news that programs get most of the spotlight and little goes to "the unsung heroes of the LDraw CAD world" - this (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad) !

  Train Layout at BrickFest™ PDX 2007 (March 30th-April 1st)

(URL) BrickFest™ PDX 2007 is coming and we would like you aboard. Let me introduce myself. My name is David VinZant - member of GPLR/PNLTC for 8 Years. I have participated in countless shows and events. LEGOLAND, CA. - 2001, and the World Record (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Classic Space Fly-In at BrickFest PDX

This year at BrickFest in Portland we will be doing something a little different. We will attempt to display every single Space set, 1979-1999, Classic through Insectoids, in one giant and beautiful layout. So we need you to bring a few of your (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Sequoia of Secrets

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!! It has been a very busy holiday for me, as I’m sure it has for most of us. Thought I’d share with you-my first building The Sequoia of Secrets! I’ve built it for the Colossal Classic Castle Contest 4. For some (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  FutureBoston Mashup Camp

I'm posting this on behalf of Thomas Piper of MIT. He was at Brickfest last year and was blown away by the experience. The LEGO community seems to be a model for the type of collective work that can be accomplished by passionate users. From the (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Cheap focal blur tutorial

Hi all, I discovered a really neat trick with POVray and GIMP yesterday that I thought might be of interest to other CADders so I've written the below tutorial. Hope you like it and feel free to ask me questions. Tim Requirements: POVray 3.5 or 3.6 (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New homepage for LUGNET - draft #8

Happy New Year! We had warm discussions about a new homepage for LUGNET last year, and I would like to show the next provisional result, draft #8: (URL) reference, please see also: Initial post by Todd: (URL) by Tim: (URL) discussion: (URL) (latest (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions) !

  BrickFest PDX '07 Registration Open

(2 URLs) BrickFest PDX ’07 Registration is now open! We had a great pre-registration period waiting for the new year to click over and now you can register at (URL). Also the Red Lion hotel at the Convention Center is taking phone reservations for (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  GFLTC at GTE Tampa – Images

Train Fans, The members of the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club had a display the Great Train Expo in Tampa Florida over the New Year’s weekend (December 30-31, 2006). The 18 x 18 ft layout featuring the downtown Tampa skyline with three running (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

Per the LDraw.org Bylaws at (URL) Subsection 6.03(a), the 2006/2007 Steering Committee hereby calls for the community to nominate individuals as candidates for the 2007/2008 Steering Committee[1]. Please post nominations in response to this message. (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's December 2006 Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the December 2006 Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, Tyrrell P34 six wheeler by Luca Rusconi (RoscoPC)> (URL) SOTM, Frauenkirche Dresden by Holger Matthes (HoMa)> The voting for the Januar 2006 Model of (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Additional LEGO CD Chapters to Download

Well the LEGO CD website is still a work in progress, but additional chapters are now available to download. Someone asked about the sets and parts chapters, so there are now 4 things that are available to download.... 1) The Table of Contents 2) (...) (18 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Get a Sample Downloadable Chapter of the LEGO CD

Even if you don't want to purchase a copy of the LEGO CD, I strongly urge you to get a free sample chapter.... because this is a very interesting chapter.... "CHAPTER 13 - LEGO SETS/PARTS NOT PUT INTO PRODUCTION" (URL) on VIEW A CHAPTER FROM THE CD (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce) !

  A Colored Merry Christmas

(URL) I wish you a Merry Christmas. Special thanks to BS user Maskatron for sharing Santa's sculpture building instructions. Didier Enjary (18 years ago, 22-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  The Brothers Brick has a new home!

Hey All, In order to serve you better, the Brothers Brick (TBB) has moved to its own domain: (URL) most of you already know, TBB is a Lego blog showcasing the finest MOCs from all themes, communities, and genres. All MOCs are posted and reviewed by (...) (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general) !

  New homepage for LUGNET part 4

Hi all, please see former discussion here: (URL) Thanks to all who were contributing ideas and suggestions. So here is -without much fuss- the 6th draft of a new homepage: (URL) Known bugs: Upper header section isn't displayed correctly in some (...) (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX) !

  LEGO CD Mailings....

Hi folks, The LEGO CD's are 2/3 mailed out. I got sidelined with a nasty sinus infections (taking antibiotics), and that slowed me down. The ZMAX (antibiotic) makes me soooo tired. zzz...zzz When the first person gets their LEGO CD, please post (to (...) (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce) !

  Michiana-LTC to display at the RMRC Show - Saturday, January 6

To all, The Michiana LEGO Train Club is pleased to display at the upcoming RMRC Show on Saturday, January 6. Event Details: 10:00AM - 3:30PM CST Address: Home School Building Gym 5625 Burlingame Ave Wyoming, MI 49509 Admission: Adults: $4 12 & (...) (18 years ago, 19-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact