 Announcements / 3301 (-10)
  BrickFest Event Schedule and Other News...

(URL) Event Schedule Now Online! Yep, it's late, but there have been some things that really slowed this down, but here it is! (URL) Set Draft for BrickFest 2006 This year, the set draft is the Krusty Krab set (#3825) - and if you want to (...) (18 years ago, 21-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  (canceled)

  Call for Presenters at NWBrickCon 2006

NWBrickCon 2006 is looking for people who want to present a talk, moderate a roundtable, or run a special activity at the Con this year. We already have some traditional activities---like a Dirty Brickster, Wacky Races, and Draft---lined up, but (...) (18 years ago, 21-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc) !!

  LEGO SETS/PARTS HISTORY CD....

Well for those of you who pre-ordered my upcoming 1949-80's Lego Set/Parts History CD last year, good news, I've finally finished the text portion..... it's 1,030 pages!! (650 pages on Lego sets and parts, 380 pages on a Lego Insurance Price Guide). (...) (18 years ago, 20-Aug-06, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Software Programmer positions available for LEGO projects.

Multiple positions available ranging from junior to senior programming responsibilities. Primary responsibility is to create and integrate software code as well as technical documentation. Computer Science degree or at least two years programming (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  BrickFest Bulletin: One WEEK left!

(URL) ONE WEEK before BrickFest - Late Bulletins and Odds and Ends BrickFest 2006 is very close now, and there has been a lot going on - so much that I have been behind on these postings. Some great things are happening, like: Auction Items at (...) (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Hangin' around

Hi folks, have you ever heard of "El Capitan", "Matterhorn" or "Cerro Torre"? Ever seen Sly in "Cliffhanger" or Robin Tunney in "Vertical Limit? You're an adrenaline junkie or are at least heavily depending on fresh air? Then check out my latest (...) (18 years ago, 14-Aug-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest Bulletin: LEGO Building Challenge

(...) Here's the award, as built by Nathan Sawaya: (2 URLs) This symbolizes the simple fact that one brick CAN make a difference. To those who have already entered, please e-mail <mailto:admin@brickjournal.com me> your address - I was informed that (...) (18 years ago, 11-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !

  NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

I'm interested in trying some experiments in (URL) swarm robotics>. The basic idea is that simple robots with simple programming can behave in complex ways, provided that there are 1.) a lot of them, and 2.) they can communicate locally in some (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  LEGO Star Wars II Demo released

A PC demo version of LEGO Star Wars II has been released by LucasArts, and is available for download. Here's one place: (URL) I had the opportunity to play a dev build of the game a little more than a week ago (made it through the first five (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.games, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact