 Announcements / 3241 (-20)
  New Custom Molded MODERN Minifig Weapons from BrickArms

BrickArms is OPEN! Hi all! I've just opened my new BrickArms store offering custom molded minifig-compatible modern weapons (try saying that five times fast!). Each was designed using a 3D CAD program, and the molds were made using Computer (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Server switchover

LUGNET is in the midst of its change-over to new servers. I apologize for any dupicate posts you may receive via e-mail. I'm not sure what the cause of that is yet. There's potential for a short outage. -Suz (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.announce) !!

  BrickFest Bulletin: 200 and building! And calls for....

(URL) 200? Already? BrickFest has passed the 200 registered attendee mark a little faster than I thought. While this is a great thing, it does mean I have to reevaluate things to make sure that things run smoothly. So I will encourage those who have (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  List of authors who have not yet affirmed the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement

We (LDraw.org) are still trying to contact all the authors who have contributed to the Parts Library over the years but have not yet affirmed the current version of the Contributor Agreement (URL) Below you will find a list of all the authors (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !

  GeekBrick Live Episode 1 Available!

(URL) GeekBrick Live is ready and available for download. (URL) del.icio.us Links> (URL) Flickr Set> Click below to get the episode: (URL) Normal Feed> (URL) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Announcing... The Second Annual Joe Vig Contest!!!

Announcing... ====== (URL) You will find all the contest information on (URL) The Second Annual Joe Vig Contest> page. This contest does not begin until June 1st, 2006, so please don't post your entries before then. (The curators of .vignette are (...) (18 years ago, 27-May-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

  News Video Podcast, Ideas Needed!

Hey everyone, I am planning on starting up a video podcast that talks about some of the different building techniques, and then demonstrates them using real bricks. Each episode will probably only be a few minutes long, depending. Question is, where (...) (18 years ago, 26-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Wayne Manor Building Contest at BrickZone.net

Hey everybody! I hope this is the right place to post this. If not please accept my apologies and advise me on how to move it to the right place. Thank you! I am sponsoring a contest at BrickZone.net. It's the Build Wayne Manor Contest. Check out (...) (18 years ago, 26-May-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  2nd International LEGO MINDSTORMS Competition

We have great news for you. The 2nd International LEGO MINDSTORMS Competition is on the horizon We are in the early planning phase but for now we can disclose the date and the location. It will take place the weekend of October 6-8 in Billund, (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.announce) !

  BrickJournal 4: The LCAD Issue

(URL) is here! This issue is 96 pages, and includes event reports from Europe, interviews with Alban Nanty and Mark Larson, and how-tos on LCAD software! Not to mention the Bat stuff.... You can download Issue 4 here: (URL) Full Torrent,> (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  GeekBrick.com, Podcast Only!

GeekBrick.com will no longer be posting news on the site, as it is now going to be a weekly podcast. In a way, it is similar to the Bricks in my Pocket podcast in the sense that they have most of their LEGO news, etc, on the podcast. The two full (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Jason Poland wins Model Builder Search

We have a winner: (URL) TEXAS MAN OUTBUILDS 22 HOPEFULS TO BECOME NEW MODEL BUILDER AT LEGOLAND® CALIFORNIA> CARLSBAD, Calif. (May 23, 2006) - Hopeful contenders came from as far away as Virginia to compete in a battle of creativity and strategy, (...) (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX) !

  Spamcast, Lego News Podcast

Announcing the Spamcast, a Lego enthusiast news podcast, endeavoring to post weekdays at (URL) Headlining fan news from the official Lego® site, around the world, new set reviews, and community events. Finding it challenging to make time to keep up? (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

Save 9v Trains would like to announce its first (and hopefully not only) contest. The contest has been set up to support 9v Trains by using LEGO Factory to build a quality database of models that can be purchased by long time AFOLs and Newbies. Our (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Mecha Contests at BrickFest 2006!

BrickFest is fast approaching, and it's time to get the ball rolling on our Mecha contests! Our first contest is the Fantasy Mecha Contest. Participants are asked to imagine what ancient, medieval, or fantasy cultures might design if they had the (...) (18 years ago, 21-May-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  Very Rare (1957-60) USA Lego Flag?

I am just finishing up the Lego CD Chapter on Lego flags, and I came across something that I found very interesting which may never have been discussed on LUGNET. If you check Clark Stephen's awesome rare Lego parts site, it shows the Lego wavy (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests and Events, Space Contests, Castle Contest and..

(URL) Mindstorms/Technic Events BrickFest 2006 is fast approaching! This year, the Technic and Mindstorms Theme coordinators are pleased to announce 5 competitions. The competitions will be spread across the 3 days of BrickFest. The planned (...) (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  ¡Cuidado! ¡Hay llamas!

Introducing Hermano Ramirez and his pride and joy: the Langosta! (URL) Wealthy "outdoorsmen" charter his craft for up to a week at a time, hunting and fishing and living off the land. Hermano installed the Zap-ATA (under the prow and controlled by (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, FTX)

  TexLUG Austin meeting Sunday 5/14

All, Come on by the next Austin TexLUG meeting this coming Sunday. (And yes, it *is* on Mother's Day. Show your Mom you love her by getting out of the house for a couple hours!) Particulars are below. If you have a creation to show, bring it. I'll (...) (18 years ago, 12-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Bricksmith 1.4: Intel and More

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 1.4> adds the following features: Universal Binary (Intel support) Missing parts are reported LDraw "~Moved" parts are automatically upgraded to their new numbers Active viewport is indicated with a focus rectangle Exporting (...) (18 years ago, 9-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact