 Announcements / 2983
  GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend...

GFLTC News, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) will NOT be displaying at the Great American Train Show (GATS) this weekend (July 16-17, 2005) in Clearwater, Florida. We were just recently informed that they do not have space for us in their (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

(...) GATS asked a LEGO Train club to NOT come to an event?! I guess they must be tired of being a popular show and drawing in crowds/money. David Gregory (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

(...) It has happened to us and another club that I don't remember the name of. Apparently there are train clubs that have told GATS that if a LEGO Club comes, they won't be there. I was hoping the publicily of the recent NMRA Display in Cincinatti (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

(...) It is just me, or is GATS hard to deal with? I've heard several cases where GATS was just a pain in the a**. I know NGLTC missed a Greenberg show to committ to at GATS show, only to have GATS back out of it. O, S, HO, N, TT, Z... let's see. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

(...) now i'm not saying you should do anything but dosen't the press usualy eat up a juicy story like this? just food for thought. ondrew (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

(...) Those S,N.O,TT,HO,L,Z!!! I hate 'em! :P Rob (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

IndyLUG has had an excellent expierence with GATS over the years. We do their show twice a year, October & January. We always get all the space we want, a decent apperance fee plus we also do a couple of paid workshops entitled "How LEGO Trains (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)