 Announcements / 2887
  Harbor crane / horse and cart

Hi friends, here are two new mocs for my little town. The first one is an old harbour crane. The real crane is located in Würzburg, Germany. (6 URLs) And here is a historic picture of the original: (URL) The second one ist an horse and cart for (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Harbor crane / horse and cart

(...) Nice work. (...) A very important model to have. :) I like the way you have made the horses pull the cart. Much better than the "official" way of doing it. Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Harbor crane / horse and cart

Hi Jacob, (...) But this is not my idea. To use theses tiles and plate, 1x1 with ring was an idea of "Jojo", one of the best of the german 1000steine-moccers. But I also like this very much. And it is easy to build - but hard to "invent". I only (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Harbor crane / horse and cart

(...) Andreas, Wow, again I'm jealous of you Europeans, I had no idea such an old harbor crane existed. Sure, there must have been something to unload ships with, but I ha dno idea what they used. I'm sure there's nothing comparable in America. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Harbor crane / horse and cart

Hi George. (...) Let's have a virtual beer. Cheers Andreas (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Harbor crane / horse and cart

(...) -snip- (...) Wow. I really love it when people take inspiration from an existing structure and then build it - you get so much more life from the Lego model, I think. Awesome job. The statue detailing is really beautifully done, as are the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Harbor crane / horse and cart

(...) Wow! Just gorgeous. There's something about Lego "plated" domes, roofs, and such that I just love. Great detailing as well; the pilings, seagulls, water detail, staircase. (...) Simple, but also a beatiful MOC. Like everyone else, I especially (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Harbor crane / horse and cart

I like that a lot. It takes courage to look at something round with domes and strange non-symetrical angles and think, "I'll make that out of Lego"! Details that really grabbed me was the crane ams, very well done and the pilings in the sea that the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.build, FTX)