 Announcements / 2436 (-10)
  New LUGNET server hardware details

So, we've purchased our cool new servers, from Cambridge, MA vendor "PCs for Everyone". Todd and I and several other friends have gotten systems from them before, and have been extremely pleased -- they know their stuff, including Linux, which is (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce) !!

  LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

Update: Thanks to donations totalling over $4K from more than 150 people around the world, we not only hit our target in four short days days but exceeded it -- by a margin wide and comfortable enough to afford a superb hardware configuration and (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

Per the newly adopted LDraw.org Bylaws, Subsection 6.03(a), I hereby call for the community to nominate individuals for the upcoming Steering Committee vote. Please post nominations in response to this message. Nominations will be only be recognized (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  IDOL time 2004

27 Feb 04 Greetings, Earth Mortals! Yea, though the depths of digicam and computer malfunction doth yet plague me, I call out from the depths to bring witness to great joy: Betwixt Ides of March and yonder Score, It's IDOL time for us once more. How (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ne.oma)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

With a total of 52 votes of "yes" and 4 votes of "no", the LDraw.org bylaws are hereby ratified. The Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee will move towards the call for nominations. More information will be posted in the next couple days to LDraw.org and to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.54 Released

LDDesignPad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Download it here: (URL) are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Images of GFLTC at the SMRC Show

Train Fans, The members of the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club had a display and a great time one again at the Sarasota Model Railroad Club Train Show last weekend (Feb 21-22, 2004). The 24 x 16 ft layout had three running train loops and models by (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org) !

  MOC: Green Locomotive

Hi there This is my newest model... I got the idea for the locomotive from a train book, that I borrowed from the local library. For the model I used nearly all my green bricks. (URL) think the roof turned out very well. (URL) used a lot of SNOT (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.trains)

  Finally, I got around to posting pictures from Brickfest PDX 04

Sorry it took so long. I got back to the East Coast this weekend and have been slammed with work trying to catch up. Anyway, enough whining. By now you've all heard how fantastic Brickfest was. Well this little collection of pictures won't do it (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  First Permanent Settlement on Mars!!!

Mission Accomplished!!! Shortly after the arrival of the first human visitors to Mars, a new robotic vehicle arrived: The Mars Habitat!! It has all the creature comforts plus Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound in the theater!!! Not to mention lots of cool (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact