 Announcements / 1476
1475  |  1477
Subject:
Legoland will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:03:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just received a letter in the mail today announcing that LEGOLAND will not
open their doors on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the spring and fall this
year.  Starting January 15th, and going until May 22, with only the last
week of March, and first week of April as an exception, they won't open on
Tuesdays or Wednesdays.  Also, from September 3rd, until December 18th, they
won't open Tuesdays or Wednesdays either.  (Christmas and New Years they'll
be open.)  I assume next year might be the same.

This is too bad.  I always really enjoyed going during the week because
there were fewer people there, and hence much shorter lines.

Anyone have news about the other LEGOLANDs?

Here's the majority of the text of the letter I received.  Any typos are mine.

--
  David Schilling

==============================

January 7, 2002

Dear Schilling Family,

As a valued LEGOLAND(r) fan [...] I want to update you on the state of our
business.  In 2001, the LEGO(r) Company experienced record growth in the
United States.  In addition, we are pleased to report that families in
Southern California enjoyed LEGOLAND California in record numbers.  However,
the Park's total annual attendance figures dipped slightly given the general
decline in tourism caused by the circumstances of world events.

As LEGOLAND begins its fourth season, we are announcing the implementation
of a new 299-day operating calendar for 2002.  The Park will be open daily
from Memorial Day through Labor Day and during specific holiday periods in
the spring and winter.  The remainder of the year the Park will operate five
days a week, closing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  The first day impacted by
the change in operating hours is Tuesday, January 15th.  A 2002 operating
calendar flier and a wallet-size calendar are enclosed.  The calendar is
also available on-line at www.legoland.com.

The new schedule is designed to align with the visitation patterns of our
guests.  Since the Park's inaugural season in 1999, LEGOLAND has enjoyed
tremendous success attracting families with children.  However, when kids
are in school, families are less likely to visit LEGOLAND.  This situation
has only grown more difficult given the declines the industry has
experienced in long-distance tourism since 9/11.

As we look forward to 2002, we are optimistic that new attractions, shows
and events will contribute to the numerous reasons to visit the Park.  If
you have any further questions about our operating calendar or other Park
information, please feel free to call us at (760) 918-LEGO.  Here's hoping
that 2002 is a safe and prosperous year for everyone.  We look forward to
seeing you in the Park and best wishes for the New Year!

Sincerely,

(signed)

William P. Haviluk, Jr.
President and General Manager