 Announcements / 1442
  New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

Well, after 5 days or so, my entry still isn't up on the ISCC website, so I decided to go ahead and post the pictures on my own site. My entry is a modern architecture studio on the beach, designed in the style of architect Le Corbusier: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) Bram, Wow, what an original MOC, I like it. I don't think I've seen a MOC anything like it before. The only minor quibble I have is that the studio area could be bigger. Thanks, George (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) One word: Marvelous! The design is innovative, and the way you were able to capture the feel of the model and sketches in Lego is amazing. I am not a big fan of "modern" architecture, but this building is spectacular. Henry (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) I must say, the model does successfully capture the "feel" of a Le Corbusier building. I went to Clemson Univ. in Clemson, South Carolina for architecture (or "architorture" as we called it); a lot of the professors were heavily into the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) There are lots of great entries in the ISCC. I keep looking everyday to see if there are any new models. I'm glad you gave us a sneak preview. (...) Great work, as usual! I don't know much about architecture styles, but I know a great Lego (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

Amazing! I was just skimming through here for Blacktron contest entries and decided to take a glance at this - I'm normally a space fan, but this work is awesome! The curves, and the detail in stair well. Very nice work! ~ Tom Bram Lambrecht (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) Bram, your studio is what Le Corbusier might have reached if he hadn't all those problems with the sea. (Ok, so that was a poor joke...) Very nice. It is incredibly elegant. Is it minifig-compatible? Pedro (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) with some extra text that doesn't appear on my page: (URL) Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) Glad you liked it! I think lack of matching chairs (they're mostly used in my spaceship) drove me to build custom furniture. (...) Despite the dirty LEGO, eh? :) (...) Hmm, yes, just about everything *is* rated higher than 3 (out of 5) in (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) Yah, I didn't even get the joke. ;) (...) Thanks! (...) The stairs are a bit too narrow, and the car has no interior, but otherwise, yes, it is compatible with minifigs. I was going to make a party scene, but then I got lazy, especially since (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) And I don't usually make buildings... but I did enjoy a change...and a chance to use some of my bricks (since most of my cars and things are usually made of plates and specialty parts). Perhaps I'll try a few other buildings after I finish my (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Artist's Studio Retreat (ISCC Entry)

(...) through. I gotta make it short this time around, so: I liked your building a lot and especially how you made the circular wall work. The furniture is suh-weet! The colors were a bit bland, tho'. I like all your town stuff and this is one of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.contests)