 Announcements / 125
124  |  126
Subject:
IMPORTANT - RTL Geek Code - Please Respond
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 07:01:36 GMT

I know this isn't RTL, but I have had trouble posting there, even w/Dejanews.

I would like permission/feedback on this:

The Lego Maniac's Webring is getting a new members' area in a few months.  It
will have interactive message boards/commerce, etc with user profiles.  One of
the ideas my programmer and I came up with was a Geek Code Generator.  This is
a page that would be open to the general public that would take a visitor
through a series of questions related to their Lego interests.  Then, it would
spit out a geek code corresponding to what they answered.  Ring members would
be able to take advantage of this by keying in their username/password and
clicking a link that would automatically update their geek code on their user
profile.  I think this is an excellend idea, but I would like to get the
group's opinion about it first.  I understand that the geek code 'belongs' to
the newsgroup, and not one person, so I am seeking feedback from all.  Please
reply with your thoughts and a yeah or nay.  Thanks!

To send me email, remove the 'nospam' from my address.

-Tim <><
http://www.zacktron.com - Coming Soon!
http://trc.osiriscomm.com