 Announcements / 1205
1204  |  1206
Subject:
Changes at LUGNET HQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 10:41:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello everyone,

It has been almost five years since Todd and I mapped out a plan to build a
website for centralizing AFOL resources and communication. A lot has happened
since then.

The hobby has gained attention from The LEGO Company and the rest of the world
as worthy of respect and great admiration. One has only to look through some
galleries at brickshelf.com, or at a Cool LEGO Site of the Week, to be amazed by
the creativity and determination typical of the adult LEGO user.

Many of us now meet with others "like us" in person to form local groups. LUGs
and train clubs have been established in places all around the world; while
online we form a great community of friends. Now more than ever, LUGNET stands
ready as a welcoming place for visitors who are just entering the hobby or are
new to the internet.

But other things have changed in these years too. Todd and I have grown and
learned a lot. It shouldn't be too surprising that the zeal necessary to
maintain and further develop LUGNET may get diverted into other areas and new
interests. Of course this wouldn't mean caring any less about the hobby or the
community. Rather, the time in our schedules can become precious in new ways.

That said, Todd needs to shift his attention to other things and will be ending
his role as administrator here on LUGNET. He'll still be around, but for the
most part I'm taking over his duties. I'm well equipped in preparation, and
together we're putting a big effort into the transition process. You can expect
another message including information about who will be doing what, when and
where, etc. For now, just know that everything is fine.

I promise to keep a high level of communication during this period. LUGNET will
be getting some tweaks and updates that will call for feedback. However, I
probably won't be able to address much in the way of suggestions just yet. So,
if there's something of that nature you'd like to chat about, please bear with
me while things settle first.

I'm thankful to Todd for all he's done thus far. I wish him well on his new
path, where things are looking bright. And I'm happy about my new position,
where I'll be working more directly with you all.

-Suzanne

suz@baseplate.com
admin@lugnet.com