 Announcements / 1147
1146  |  1148
Subject:
Coomonfolk's FAQ, or: Calling for assisstance with joking around!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 05:21:41 GMT

Hey guys and gals,

In case you haven't heard or noticed yet, there's a new kind of FAQ in town.
It's a mean, lean, joking machine - all the while still trying to answer
your questions in earnest!

The Commonfolk's FAQ is here:
http://www.lugnet.com/faq/~88/

And the first (and only, so far) weekly entry was posted here:
http://news.lugnet.com/faq/?n=1163
(Notice that an already-existing Acronym entry is also included in the post.)

The next installment will be posted on July 10th. (1)

However, moving to the actual point of the post... Per Matt Gerber's
suggestion, I decided to share the load of the weekly entries for the
Commonfolk's FAQ with you all!

No, I'm not bailing out *quite* yet - just opening the option of submitting
questions, and especially answers, to the FAQ. The reason I do so is I'm
sure that people remember certain posts that I didn't neccessarily see;
plus, I'm only knowledgeable in certain areas of lugnet, not all of them. So
I wouldn't have any good ideas about robotics inside jokes, or space ones,
etc. Therefore, you are all welcome to bombard me with emailed ideas for the
FAQ!

**** Please, though, if you choose to add to the FAQ - do so *only* by
emailing me, otherwise you spoil the weekly joke for everyone else! ****

Answers are best in the form of quotes (or even paraphrased sections) of
already-existing posts. Your own words are fine, too, but less preferred. I
don't promise I'll take every entry, but I will try.

So to start you all off, here's next week's question:
"Exactly how many times has Shiri Dori requested that a message be followed
up to a different group?"

Plus, of course, you're welcome to enjoy the FAQ even if you don't submit
anything!

-Shiri
XFUT (hehehehehehe!) lugnet.faq

(1) Installments will be posted, from now on, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.fun, and
lugnet.people.newbie, with FUT (heh, there I go again!) always set up to
lugnet.faq. If someone feels this is too much cross-posting though, let me know!