 Announcements / 108
107  |  109
Subject:
Collector's Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 06:58:10 GMT

I'm a minifig nut... I'll admit it.  I collect them like action figures.  I've
thought TLG aims for my kind to a certain degree. Let's examine the facts:

1)When I got my last S@H catalogue, they advertized an Insectoid set (2965)
that pushed the fact that it was the only set to have the "Queen."
2)The new software comes with what they are now calling "collector's items."
3)When the UFO series came out, I was very excited about the new aliens.  Was
anyone else bugged by the fact that they only came in $10 or more sets?
Anything less had the cyborgs with no helmets.
4)They did the same with the adventurers.  I wanted mummys so I could start a
small Egyptian theme, but they only came in the more expensive models.
5)At the moment, the only set I can find the cool knights helmet that swivels
is the Royal Knight's Castle... nothing smaller.

So how 'bout it?  Am I going to have to buy a Death Star model just to get a
Boba Fett in March?  Is that Rock Raider with the cool helmet at the bottom of
the new catalogue only going to be offered in Europe?  Do those Technic disc
throwers seem suspiciously action figure-esque?  Why do I have three Tims I
don't even want?

Your Pal,

Felix