 Animation / 926
925  |  927
Subject:
Looking for entries for a film show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:06:35 GMT

Greetings.

Each year the nonprofit organization I direct (Bricks for Brains, www.BricksForBrains.org) produces an event called Brick Bash (www.BrickBash.com) here in Ann Arbor, MI. This is a public LEGO building exhibition (i.e, not another AFOL convention) that involves MOCs from AFOLs from across the country, creations by local Muggles (adults and kids), free-building tables, hands-on educational projects, free robotics lessons, and other fun. It is a free event for both exhibitors and the public, and is fully supported by donations from local sponsors.

This year I am adding a collection of films that will run in a loop during the day. I would like to provide entertainment for people would like to take a load off their feet, but also show people what can be done, and is being done, with films using LEGO.

So, I am asking for submissions. The guidelines are:
  • By submitting your film(s), you will be giving permission to Bricks for Brains to display your film(s) to the public at this event on this day only. No other rights are being requested. No money will be collected from the audience; no person or organization will profiting from the showing of your film.

  • Must be suitable for a family audience. For example: clean language, maybe a small amount comic violence, and subject matter suitable for children.

  • Prefer movies with sound, whether this be voice or, if the action speaks for itself, some background music.

  • Decent technical quality, so that it will look at least half way decent when shown on a large screen. Production quality does not need to be great if the film is entertaining.

  • Humor is always nice, but also interested dramatic, thought-provoking, and other genres. Politics not so much.

  • I prefer stop-action and stop/live-action mix over computer-generated.

  • The audience is the general public, not other AFOLs or other brick-filmers, so please don’t be shy. It’s for fun, not for judging or critique.

  • All films will be preceded by a slide giving full credit to you, such as your name, the title of the film, and a web address if you want to add it.
If anybody out there wants to get personally involved in this, I am open to having some help. If you ask around, I believe you will find that AFOLs who have participated in Brick Bash find it very rewarding.

As always, donations are also helpful; Bricks for Brains is a 501c3 tax-exempt organization.

Thank you,

Duane Collicott

duane@collicott.com