 Animation / 604
Re: Which camera?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:11:07 GMT

In lugnet.animation, Mike Thorn wrote:
Just be sure to look for something with these specs:

Manual flash
Manual focus (if possible)
Macro mode
At least 2x zoom (if possible - not necessary but very helpful)
LCD Viewfinder (almost necessary - I couldn't film without mine!)
Picture size at least 1024x786 (you can always resize if there isn't a
lower setting - the high numbers will help the resolution of the film)

Specifically, make sure you get one that does all the above in streaming webcam
mode. The most valuable tool in stop-mo animation is onion-skinning. This
generally only works in "webcam" mode, in my experience.

I use a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 for all my stuff and it's turned out OK (see
http://www.oblongpictures.co.uk for examples)