 Animation / 599
598  |  600
Subject:
Delivery chute
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:02:00 GMT

It's been a while since I contributed to my favorite group, so I thought I
would post this...

This afternoon while I was, uh...working hard, I happened to see one of my
Technic figure seats laying around and it occurred to me that the backrest
was exactly two studs wide. If you tilt the chair back about 90 degrees,
you get something that could, with a few added bricks, make a very
stop-motion-workable delivery chute. The first thing that came to my mind
was newspapers, but pizzas or something else would work just as well.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Buachaille/Misc/chair.jpg

The tile I used for my scientific experimentation isn't tilted much there
but you get the idea. The back bottom of the chair is so nicely rounded and
the bottom-become-top of the chair is so nicely funnelled...If you put a
few bricks up to hide the upper part once it's tilted (there are even studs
on the back of the chair to better facilitate the mounting process) it
would look pretty good, I think.

~Mike