 Animation / 446
Re: New Film by YellowHead Studios.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:53:13 GMT

In lugnet.publish.cinema, William R. Ward writes:
Amazing!  The movement of the minfigs and the teacher are so
realistic!  Especially when you panned the camera while they were
moving.

Yes, it makes me want to do it, but it is also very intimidating - how
the heck did you DO that?

--Bill.

You're in luck, because there's a lot of help available on the net.

First, you're going to need a camera. A normal webcam will do nicely, as
this film testifies. Check out the following link to get some clues about
which ones are good:

http://www.brickfilms.com/article_stefan_webcams.html

Next, you will need software to capture your footage, add sounds, effects
and such. Go shopping at the following page for a basic package (SMA,
VideoMach, DDClip should be ok for a start).

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/

Finally, go practice! A good framerate is 12-15 fps (both 12 and 15 are used
in my film), and I would recommend starting with walks. Check out the
following tutorial for that:

http://www.geocities.com/nmaniatis/bricktastic/walktute.htm

I just noticed that most of the information in here is also in another of
his tutorials.

Finally, there is a FAQ, and a bunch of helpful people at

http://www.brickfilms.com/

More tutorials can be found at

http://www.coolbrickmovies.com/

I hope this will get you started!