 Animation / 432
  Re: Beware - Divx codec is Adware

Hello people, One needs to be cautious indeed about this, but things are not as dark as they appear. When you start your download from the DivX website, it clearly gives you the choice between 3 versions: DivX Free - This one has no AdWare, can play (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.animation)

  Re: Beware - Divx codec is Adware

(...) Thanks for the info, Stefan. I'll go get the "free" basic version, as I'm just watching movies, not making them (yet). As for where I downloaded it, it was TitanPictures, I believe. There's a link for divxcodec.exe. James (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.animation)