 Animation / 317
Re: The Aeolis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:38:46 GMT

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Todd Thuma writes:

If you don't mind, would you tell some of us on LUGNET how you made that movie?
For those of us newbie's to animation, I know some of us would like to know
what software and techniques we need to own and master in order to finish
animations such as yours.

Uh, sure, as much as I can.  The whole thing was brought together in After
Effects Pro 4.1, which is where a lot of the animation was accomplished.
Individual elements were created and modified using Photoshop 6.X and
Illustrator 9.0.  I also used SoundEdit (I think) to edit the soundtrack.

I did use Final Cut (not at all sure of the version number) to capture a couple
of video clips.

As far as techniques... well, there was a lot of color keying used.

If you have any more specific questions, I'll try to answer them as best I can.

By the way, Aeolis is excellent.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!  I had a lot of fun making it.

eric

(FUT lugnet.publish.cinema, because I think we've eliminated .pirate's interest)