 Adventurers / 774
Re: 5909 biplane modifications - need help with slanted struts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:48:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hao-yang Wang wrote:
See <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=305> for the pictures.
As you can see from the pictures, I was trying to stage that gruesome scene
from the English Patient.

Ah yes, the Hand of God Attacking the Biplane scene... ;-)

Here is a problem I still don't know how to solve: As you can see, there is a
one-stud offset between the upper wing and the lower wing. The current
interplane struts are quite ugly, because I don't know how to make them
slanted.

Just a thought, haven't tried it yet:

On top of the bottom wing, fix a 1x1 brick with 5 studs (1), and attach a
plate 1x2 with long towball (2) to one of the side studs, so that the towball
end sticks up.  Underneath the top wing, put a plate 2x5 with towball socket
(3), this will receive the towball end of the 2508 piece.  Since the 2508 will
be attached to the 4733 by only one stud, it can swivel forward a small bit.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/4733.gif

2.  http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/2508.gif

3.  http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/3491.gif

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society