 Adventurers / 291
  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

(...) {{SNIP}} <grin> The version of this definition that I recall from some time spent hiding in Vietnam is: 'Adventure (or exploration) is the process of travelling to beautiful, exotic lands to find new and extremely messy ways of becoming dead.' (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Last Call for Adventure movies poll

(...) I like that one, too. I remember getting swamped while river rafting, barely escaping with my life, lying on the shore gasping for breath and saying NOTHING was going to get me back into that river, when I heard a very polite but pathetic (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)