 Adventurers / 2029
Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:39:55 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Chris Paton wrote:
   I have just seen the trailer for this film, it has possibly been on release in the USA for a while, I don’t know. But it looks like Crimson Skies has just hit the big screen - blimps and prop planes with huge guns!!

Has anyone seen the movie? Is it any good?

Chris

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

I personaly hated it. At first, it seemed like a great idea, but I guess they screwed it up bad because the scenario is poor at best, the acting is very ordinary (I really don’t like Gwynneth Paltrow and don’t even get me started on Jude Law...) and although the giant robots and retro-futuristic thingies are cool and al, there was not enough FX and grandeur for this movie to make up for the bad story.

I guess I’m not alone to fell this way, if you read the critics at rotten tomatoes... http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/skycaptain/

I see most people felt there was enough in this movie to be considered good, but not me. I loved the style though and that’s why I went to see it in the first place. If anyone makes models inspired by this movie, I’ll love to see them!

Terry