 Adventurers / 2024
Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:22:04 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Chris Paton wrote:
   I have just seen the trailer for this film, it has possibly been on release in the USA for a while, I don’t know. But it looks like Crimson Skies has just hit the big screen - blimps and prop planes with huge guns!!

Has anyone seen the movie? Is it any good?

I loved it.

I had a big stupid grin on my face for two hours.

The entire movie is a tribute to 1930s era art deco, robots, and adventure comics of the time. There are also a lot of visual references to old science fiction movies, so keep your eyes open.

There will be some who say “But the plot was bad” etc.

How much plot can one expect from something called “Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow”?

Go see it with the mindset of an 8 year old who loves big robots and whooshing airplanes. You won’t be disappointed.

Pure silly fun.

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator