 Adventurers / 1891
  Re: The Flying Wing

(...) Hi Christian You are absolutely right. I think a little modification is needed. Thanks for your observation. I'll probably take more pictures after modififying the wing. Chris (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: The Flying Wing

(...) It will tricky though. Sweep and taper is not easy to do. While you are at it, more red on the tails please. And those might need to extend further aft. That would also help soften the "straightness". Christian (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: The Flying Wing

(...) Yes--the "straightness" was also my big concern. The plane in Temple of Doom does look like a very heavily modified Horten wing, so if you dig around on Luft46 you should be able to get the specific geometries in drawings. The Horten wings did (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: The Flying Wing

(...) I was thinking about the tails. What about using this part: (URL) Christian (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: The Flying Wing

Hi Lindsay Thanks for your comments and ideas. I have tried building wings with SNOT before with reasonable success: (URL) I hadn't thought about SNOT when I was building "the wing" but I think it would allow for more tapering. Bit worried about the (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: The Flying Wing

Hi Christian "Sweep and Taper" sounds like a weekend of frustration! :) But you are right and I think I will go for it with SNOT. It was useful to read both yours and Lindsay's comments! As for the tail. Yep, more red would be a good thing. I can (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military)