 Adventurers / 1403
1402  |  1404
Subject:
Gabarros vs. Villano: Who's Who?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:53:30 GMT

Can anyone settle the question I have about 2 of the Adventurer mini-figs
that seem to get mixed up quite a bit in "conversations" here on LUGNET.
The question is which mini-fig is Gabarros and which is Rudo (Max) Villano?

I think that Villano is the mini-fig that comes with a black "outback" hat,
a dark grey torso with 2 pistols stuck in the belt, brown legs and a head
with a frown, beard stubble and a scar on the right cheek.  He is one of the
bad guys in the Adventurers realm.

The Gabarros character comes with a black kepi or slouch hat, a blue
neckerchief, a torso with a red & white striped sleeveless shirt, brown
legs, and a head that I'm not sure of the details of right now but I think
has no facial hair.  He is one of the good guys - or at least in their
employ as demonstrated by the 5976 River Expedition set.

Is this right?  This is the way Brickbay has the characters represented in
the Catalog (I think this is the source for my original classification of
these 2 figs).

It's no big deal - I'm not trying to win a bet or be in a position to say "I
told you so."  It's just that I've posted about the Villano fig (in
reference to building Civil Ward soldiers) and I've gotten replies that
called this character Gabarros.

This leaves me confused and wondering if maybe I'm the one who has it wrong.

So can anyone settle the "debate" (that's happening solely in my own head)
for me?

Many Thanks,

G.