 Adventurers / 131
Re: Mummy minifig desired
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:25:47 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mike Kane writes:
I am interested in acquiring a mummy minifigure from anyone who is interested.
I have a Johnny Thunder figure (the adventurer with the brown wide-brimmed • hat,
moustache, and tan shirt) that I am willing to trade for it, but I will buy if
preferred.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there Mike, I hope I can help you out a little with your dilemma.  First of
all I don't think you will find anyone willing to trade Mummy minifigs for
Johnny Thunder minifigs because the mummies only come in 3 or 4 U.S. sets all
of which are large and pricey.  The Johnny Thunder meanwhile comes in almost
every set cheap or expensive.  My estimate is that there is probably 300-400
Johnny minifigs to every one mummy minifig thus making the Johnny next to
worthless and the mummy quite desirable.  If you do find someone with too many
mummies and not enough Johnnys let me know!  But alas there are other ways.
Small sets including just the mummy and a strange little cart-like device were
made and released overseas.  In Germany set 1183 was released and in Japan
Kabaya candies put out the same set with the set number changed to 3021.  You
can get either one of these sets from Matt Chiles at the Vault.  The URL
is:    http://www.goldendale.net/buildingblocks/thevault/f_adventurers.htm
If you go there to purchase them please let Matt know I sent you.  Thanks and
good luck with your search.  Keep Posting here!!!

Mark Lindsey