 Adventurers / 1220
Re: Tents ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:16:19 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Henrik Ewald writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Jon Kozan writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Henrik Ewald writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Jon Kozan writes:

Does anyone happen to know whats inside the tent ?
(maybe it's a stupid question).

It's blank, all of them are. (Basic white LEGO cloth)
-Jon

Sorry,
I meant what LEGO pieces are used inside the tent ?
As you may have surmised, I haven't actually got a tent myself.
From the pictures, it looks like towballs sticking out of the holes, are
they sitting on 1X4 Plates, and how are these connected ?
From the scan, I'm unsure about the size of the tent.
How big is it? (long side)

Henrik

When all folded, it is 8x10. Yes, indeed, those are tow balls sticking out.
They are the 1x4 with towball variety. It uses 4 of them, 2 for each side.
the front and back use 1x10 plates.
Perhaps I should just list the parts and a brief descriptive of construct.

2 1x10 plates
2 1x8 plates
4 1x4 w/towball http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3184
2 1x2 plate with arm http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4623
1 2x8 plate

set the 2 1x10 plate parralell to each other with a 6 stud gap inbetween.
Next, place the 2 1x8 plates on each side making the bottom rectangular
frame of 8x10. Next place 2 each 1x4 towball plates on each side with
towballs out. Then place one each 1x2 plate with arm in the middle of each
1x10 plate with the arms facing out. the 2x8 plate goes on top of the 1x2
plates with arms.
No other peices are needed, though you could add more. The tent stays up
because the fabric is semi-ridged.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****