 Adventurers / 1079
Re: Where's Jurassic Park?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 20:25:38 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Anyone built a Jurassic Park look alike yet?

I am surprised that with the enthusiasm there was for the dino sets before
they were released that I cant see any posts from folks showing off their
Jurassic Park like constructions. Perhaps I just overlooked them.

Perhaps I will have to go do one myself.
But that means buying the sets first!

regards
lawrence

Yes, I have built one.  It's pretty big, and I like it a lot.  Unfortunately, I
don't have a scanner or any knowledge of how to put pictures on the Internet,
so I'll just describe it, okay?

The visitor's centre is a large grey building that uses a lot of Metroliner
parts and covers a 16x32 grey baseplate, and part of a 32x32 helicopter landing
pad out front.  The entrance is mid-sized wooden castle doors, with torches.
The bottom floor has two rooms, and a staircase.  To the left is the computer
control room.  There are rows of computer stations, and Nedry's is the one with
the pizzas on it :)  There are work stations for the other employees too, and a
map on the wall.  To the right is the hatchery.  There is a small pen with a
baby raptor, rows of eggs, and a small robotic arm.  There should be a sink to
keep everyone's hands clean, but it's in a restaurant now.  On the second floor
there are also two rooms.  On the left there is a storage room where the
scientists have been hoarding translucent yellow elements, looking for
mosquitos.  They have a filing cabinet, and a microscope.  To the right is the
embryo storage room, which is like the one in the movie.  The top floor, or
roof, was rushed and isn't that impressive.  A trap door can drop down so the
minifigures can climb up to escape the raptors. Bars on the roof make it
somewhat raptor-proof, for a while anyway.  That is pretty much my Jurassic
Park building.  The upstairs rooms can be removed, as can the roof and stairs,
for playability/display/construction.  I've also built a helicopter, most of
the cast, and three dinosaurs- Utahraptor, Carnotaurus, and the 'spitter'
Dilophosaurus (with a mini-pneumatic pump as the body, allowing real spitting
action!)  I won't be destroying this any time soon, so maybe in a year or two
it will be on the internet.