 Administrative / Terms of Use / 84
Re: Upcoming Terms of Use Agreement change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:25:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Todd Lehman wrote:

To make things simpler, clearer, and to eliminate perceptions of a
"double- standard," LUGNET's Terms of Use Agreement will change (on
one point) to be more explicit about market traffic.

This is a Good Thing.

I hope to have a revised Terms of Use Agreement ready for comments
by the end of April.

I've requested this before, but I think it got lost somewhere in the
noise of .admin.general: when you make changes to the ToUA, could you
post either a follow-up or a Supersede to the original ToUA?  The
reason is that, when using a newsreader to read a group you've never
before ventured into, the first thing you see is the Welcome message
and the ToUA -- which may be obsolete.  If the updated ToUA is placed
as a follow-up or a Supersede, then newsreaders will place them in the
right spot...I think.  (F'ups, for sure, but I don't know about
Supersedes.)

Hmmm, just tested Supersede, and it didn't work as I expected.  The
original message is there, and so is the one that superseded it.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX