 Administrative / Terms of Use / 584
Re: Murfle?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 01:07:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
Specifically:
I'll investigate this issue and get back to you. Sorry I don't have better
answers yet.

It's as the others in this thread said. The "murfling" was done in the past.
It's not something being done on posts right now. If it were to be adopted, I'm
sure users would be notified. I don't know why they were not before the act was
carried out on the few test posts, or why the test posts weren't returned to
their original state.

As was said, the blocking can only be seen via the web interface. And as Larry
said, the control works like an on/off toggle. Murfling doesn't affect the
original poster's material, only the display of it on the web.

Looks to me like that particular post was a good choice for an example and the
technique does seem like a good idea. But whether or not it's implimented will
be up to people other than me.

-Suz